Introduction Statement

Hi my name is Haley, currently I am finishing up my senior year at Washington State University studying the field of Interior Design. I am interested in interior design because it is a chance for me to be creative and have fun learning new computer programs such as Revit, AutoCad, and Maya. To me design means that I can use my own ideas and create something that reflects me. The thing that inspires me is the finished product, and any designer that can take a poorly designed, unorganized room and make it flow as functional as possible while still looking appealing. In my future , as a designer I want to be involved in my career and always increase my knowledge about the industry, art, and cultures.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

St. Elmo Bathroom Design

Like my kitchen design poster, this is my process for the St. Elmo Hotel bathroom, in the two bedroom apartment. This poster was created through my process that I generated from an inspirational quote. It includes a 60" in diameter turning radius for a wheel chair, and roll under sink for a wheel chair, a front and side mount onto the toilet, and a lot of cabinet space to make it very ADA functional. I learned that time is very important when you have deadlines, and to use my time more wisely, and to not wait til the last few days to do everything, because the work piles on. I think my bathroom is appealing and very functional for any person.

No comments:

Post a Comment