Introduction Statement

Hi my name is Haley, currently I am finishing up my senior year at Washington State University studying the field of Interior Design. I am interested in interior design because it is a chance for me to be creative and have fun learning new computer programs such as Revit, AutoCad, and Maya. To me design means that I can use my own ideas and create something that reflects me. The thing that inspires me is the finished product, and any designer that can take a poorly designed, unorganized room and make it flow as functional as possible while still looking appealing. In my future , as a designer I want to be involved in my career and always increase my knowledge about the industry, art, and cultures.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Impaired Vision Experience


There are many different levels of vision impairment. In this exercise I experienced eye sight through a plastic bag, a simulator tool, and glasses with a covered glaze. Before I started this exercise I did not think that I needed to experience what it would be like to be visually impaired, because I thought I could just research about them to design a living space for which they live in. In my experience with my group we learned a lot and found out that in all visually impaired situations, light is very important, because if you see a color thats dark then it looks scary, and you would not want to go to that darker area. We also learned that it is almost impossible to read small print, sometimes it is hard to recognize people, you can see contrast between colors, eyes would eventually get tired everyday, it is hard to find the bottons in an elevator, and it is easier to see shiny things. Doing this exercise gave me just a few minutes to try an understand what it would be like to have impaired vision, I still do not understand it fully. It would be extremely frustrating, and it is important for our interiors to try and eliminate some of that frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment