Introduction Statement

Hi my name is Haley, currently I am finishing up my senior year at Washington State University studying the field of Interior Design. I am interested in interior design because it is a chance for me to be creative and have fun learning new computer programs such as Revit, AutoCad, and Maya. To me design means that I can use my own ideas and create something that reflects me. The thing that inspires me is the finished product, and any designer that can take a poorly designed, unorganized room and make it flow as functional as possible while still looking appealing. In my future , as a designer I want to be involved in my career and always increase my knowledge about the industry, art, and cultures.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Job Shadow

                                         http://www.collinswoerman.com/

I job shadowed at a design firm called Collins Woerman. I chose to use this picture above because this is the inside of their design firm, there are three sections to the floor and all of them look like this one. At Collins Woerman, the designers all work in groups, and they are not always in the same group they get mixed up, and I really think that that is a very successful aspect that their company uses. The Interior Designers that I met were very knowledgeable about their profession and answered all of my questions. What I learned on this job shadow was that college is not going to teach you everything you will need to know, and that you will learn a lot more when you actually start a job.  

1 comment:

  1. What all degrees do I need to be an interior designer?

    ReplyDelete