Introduction Statement

Hi my name is Haley, currently I am finishing up my senior year at Washington State University studying the field of Interior Design. I am interested in interior design because it is a chance for me to be creative and have fun learning new computer programs such as Revit, AutoCad, and Maya. To me design means that I can use my own ideas and create something that reflects me. The thing that inspires me is the finished product, and any designer that can take a poorly designed, unorganized room and make it flow as functional as possible while still looking appealing. In my future , as a designer I want to be involved in my career and always increase my knowledge about the industry, art, and cultures.

Monday, October 8, 2012

St. Elmo Hotel Kitchen Design

This is my process work of the Saint Elmo Hotel that I put together on one poster. This includes two floor plans, one of just the two bedroom apartment and one of the whole second floor, also two elevations of the kitchen walls, a section cut, perspective drawings and a materials section. When creating this poster I realized that some strategies are better than others. It is best to plan ahead and slowly get a little bit of the project done everyday than it is to stay up all night right before the due date. Also I need to pay attention to detail a lot more and order my layout consistently. But I like that I applied my architectural lettering to this poster, and I liked the way I arranged my kitchen to make it very accessible.

1 comment:

  1. Nice little blog on kitchen ideas these are so wonderful...and these are so cool interior designs.Hotel Design

    ReplyDelete