Introduction Statement

Hi my name is Haley, currently I am finishing up my senior year at Washington State University studying the field of Interior Design. I am interested in interior design because it is a chance for me to be creative and have fun learning new computer programs such as Revit, AutoCad, and Maya. To me design means that I can use my own ideas and create something that reflects me. The thing that inspires me is the finished product, and any designer that can take a poorly designed, unorganized room and make it flow as functional as possible while still looking appealing. In my future , as a designer I want to be involved in my career and always increase my knowledge about the industry, art, and cultures.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Wheel Chair Exercise


These pictures are related to a wheel chair exercise I had to complete with a partner. We went around a building on our campus in a wheel chair and had to complete tasks in the wheel chair so that we would have to experience what other people who really have to use a wheel, would experience. At first I did not think it was going to be a learning experience but when I actually got in the wheel chair and performing the tasks I pointed out everything in my head that was different then walking. I could not fit in some bathroom stalls and turn around, it is extremely difficult to be in a wheel chair and it would be very helpful to have more buildings that are accessible to the needs of people in wheel chairs. It was a very good experience and an eye opener to what I need to incorporate in my designs in terms of accessibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment